- Increase family access to financial stability skillsets and resources
- Increase senior access to financial stability resources
- Decrease number of chronic and vulnerable homeless individuals
- Improve outcomes for the individuals participating in programs for financial stability
- Increase amount of Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) dollars provided to families through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Increase access to additional resources for seniors served through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Increase number of chronic and vulnerable homeless who access stable housing, health care, and financial stability
Cross-Sector Partners + Innovation = IMPACT
At United Way of Charlotte County, we believe in collaboration. That is why we are engaging partners within our community to align resources and provide innovative solutions to some of the community’s most critical challenges. We are reimagining a future where more people live to their fullest potential. With your support, we are driving results not just for today, but for tomorrow. The programs highlighted in these videos focus on preventative solutions for lasting change that will lift up a life, a family, and ultimately a community.
Ending Youth & Chronic Homelessness
Partners: Gulf Coast Partnership, Virginia B. Andes Volunteer Community Clinic, Charlotte County Homeless Coalition, and Charlotte Behavioral Health Care
Innovation: Providing integrated care for our community's most vulnerable. Clients are served holistically, addressing not just one issue, but multiple factors that can cause, and extend homelessness and crisis. This collaboration simultaneously works on mental health, medical care, pharmacy services, housing, and increasing financial resources.
Season of Sharing
UWCC has served as the Charlotte County fiscal agent for Season of Sharing for over 20 years. 100% of these funds go to ensure struggling families stay in their homes. UWCC donors support our continued contribution to this very important help. This past year, 800 families received $571,852 from Season of Sharing to assist with rent, mortgage, and utilities.
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
For several years, UWCC has offered VITA tax preparation services for Charlotte County citizens. The 2022 tax season had one fewer site (United Way of South Sarasota County handled Englewood clients), but still had a tremendous impact. 676 income tax returns were accepted by the IRS for a total impact of $1,200,513. Charlotte County residents who used this free service received $203,503 in Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credits.