A program of the United Way of Charlotte County
We’re raising our voices, rolling up our sleeves, and leaving our fingerprints on a legacy of change that benefits everyone.
By combining the power of philanthropy, volunteerism and awareness, Women United will address the issue of poverty and women in Charlotte County.
Guiding our work is the knowledge that women, regardless of income, age or walk of life, are vulnerable to a range of issues, including poverty, hunger and homelessness.
As the United Way of Charlotte County tackles our BOLD GOALS to eliminate poverty in Charlotte County, Women United is committed in three primary areas:
- Women's & Girl's Empowerment
- Family Sustaining Employment
- School Readiness & Early Grade Reading
Below are some examples of activities we will engage in over the coming year:
Connect – Enhance your networking connections with women passionate about helping other women.
- Annual Women United Lunch
- Mentoring Charlotte County Women
- Networking Happy Hour
Learn – Explore the issues facing women and children in Charlotte County through “Lunch and Learns”.
- Grandmothers raising children
- Childcare – the problem and the solutions
- Women searching for a home, for a community
- Benefits of Community Case Managers
Volunteer – Transform our community through the gift of time.
- Volunteer at the Harry Chapin Mobile Food Pantry at Peace River Elementary School (monthly)
- Diaper drive (not covered by food stamps)
- Hygiene products drive (not covered by food stamps)
- Back to school event
Thank you to our Women United Sponsors!