- Promote the success of all children from birth through pre-kindergarten with early literacy and developmental resources
- Ensure all third grade students read at or above grade-level
- Identify parental needs to encourage healthy families and positive parenting
- Improve outcomes for babies born from mothers who use opioids
- Improve outcomes for children through age 5 years living in Toxic Stress (TS)
- Ensure comprehensive community kindergarten plan
- Increase percentage of Charlotte County students reading at grade level by third grade with ultimate goal of 100%
Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
The United Way of Charlotte County invests in the education of our children and families through the Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and is proud to be the lead agency for Charlotte County in this 4 county collaboration.
Cross-Sector Partners + Innovation = IMPACT
At United Way of Charlotte County, we believe in collaboration. That is why we are engaging partners within our community to align resources and provide innovative solutions to some of the community’s most critical challenges. We are reimagining a future where more people live to their fullest potential. With your support, we are driving results not just for today, but for tomorrow. The programs highlighted in these videos focus on preventative solutions for lasting change that will lift up a life, a family, and ultimately a community.
Innovation: Providing Charlotte County students with the tools and support they need to achieve grade-level reading and promotion. This collaboration provides students with a mentor who recognizes both common and child-specific barriers to reading success, and guides the child down the path to overcoming those barriers.