- Promote the success of all children from birth through pre-kindergarten with early literacy and developmental resources
- Ensure all third grade students read at or above grade-level
- Identify parental needs to encourage healthy families and positive parenting
- Improve outcomes for babies born from mothers who use opioids
- Improve outcomes for children through age 5 years living in Toxic Stress (TS)
- Ensure comprehensive community kindergarten plan
- Increase percentage of Charlotte County students reading at grade level by third grade with ultimate goal of 100%
Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
The United Way of Charlotte County invests in the education of our children and families through the Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and is proud to be the lead agency for Charlotte County in this 4 county collaboration.
We support child literacy through the Big Reading Buddies and Literacy Buddies Program which focuses on cultivating a lifelong love of reading, while building a foundation for future learning.
Be Part of Big Reading Buddies Today! Click here for more information.
Would you like more information?