Day of Caring September 19, 2018
On Wednesday, we will meet with the Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce to celebrate our annual campaign kickoff! Check in at 7:15 AM for a light breakfast at the Charlotte Harbor Event Center where you will receive your t-shirts, final details and then move onto your volunteer sites for a fun, productive day.
1. Select your project from the list, click here. First come, first serve.
2. Gather the volunteers that you have and sign them up. You can add or subtract volunteers as needed. Sign up as an individual or group.
3. Let us know what size t-shirts that everyone in your group needs by 9/14/17. Please stop by our office to pick them up or we can bring them to the Charlotte Harbor Event Center.
4. Email email@example.com or call 941-627-3539 with questions.
If you have any questions call 941-627-3539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The value of volunteering
While the projects seem simple, the tasks cannot be accomplished without these volunteers. Building a stronger community and addressing the root cause of many issues is dependent on volunteer assistance. Volunteers partnering with the United Way have the ability to impact lasting change in Charlotte County across the three cornerstone issues affecting every community - education, resources and health.
Volunteers receive personal satisfaction from helping and gain perspective on the needs in their community. If solving community problems isn’t motivation enough for volunteering, reports also show that volunteering helps you live longer. Volunteering can benefit each of us in the following ways:
- Feel better - physically, mentally and emotionally
- Manage and lower stress levels
- Develop deeper connection to the community and to others
- Achieve higher productivity from employees who volunteer
- Foster stronger relationships with colleagues
- Gain positive feelings for employers who promote volunteering.
Day of Caring 2017 was a huge success!
Each year, for Day of Caring we organize teams from local businesses to give back to the community and help a nonprofit. This year, September 20, 2017 we had over 80 volunteers heading all over the county to landscape, paint inside and outside, garden work, organize shelves, bag diapers, prepare healthy snacks and so much more. Everyone received our new #gamechanger t-shirt because afterall they are helping us change the game right here at home. The agencies were so appreciative and are still commenting on the excellent work.
Let us help you plan your own Day of Caring, whether you are business, group from the community or individual. If interested, you can call 941-627-3539 or complete the volunteer interest form or if you would like to sign up for next year please email email@example.com.