Thank you for Being The One!
We are grateful for the opportunity to participate in the Giving Challenge. This will be our third year and we have a big goal. Serving those in Charlotte County has been a privilege and the need is real. Our goal is to reach $32,000 in 2022.
The 2022 Giving Challenge is presented by Community Foundation of Sarasota County with giving strengthened by The Patterson Foundation and Florida Power & Light. A 2:1 match will be made on all donations $25-$100 per donor per organization.
The challenge this year is to have 100 benevolent donors give a generous gift of $320 each. It takes each and every one of us doing our part to make this happen.
Gifts from donors like yourself, support the work we do to help ALICE* through free tax preparation services, help with rent, mortgage and utilities as well as our Community Collaborations that are designed to tackle the root causes of poverty. When you give locally, your gift creates a ripple effect on our entire community.
*ALICE stands for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed. ALICE families struggle to survive on a daily basis. They typically have less than $400 in their savings, if they have anything at all, and are one crisis away from being homeless or spiraling downward.
How can you #BeTheOne?
From noon to noon on April 26-27
- Click here to give online.
- Call our office at (941) 627-3539
- Text 41444 and enter keyword: BeUnited
- Visit us at our Pop-up Station from 12-6PM at the Military Heritage Museum on April 26, 2022
- (See details below)
Thank you for joining us in the fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. Together, we have much more to do in service to those who need us most.
Pop-up Giving Station to be held at Military Heritage Museum
We will be joining local area nonprofits in Charlotte County for an afternoon of fun and festivities at the Military Heritage Museum at 900 W. Marion Avenue in Punta Gorda. There will be free admission to the museum, entertainment, classic Corvettes, Conquistadors and food trucks from 12-6PM on Tuesday, April 26, 2022. We will be available to accept donations or help you make your online gift.
The participating agencies are Virtinia B. Andes Volunteer Community Clinic, The Charlotte Chorale, Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center, Englewood Community Care Clinic, Peace River Botanical and Sculpture Garden, Peace River Community Housing Partners, Peace River k-9 Search and Rescue Association, Peace River Wildlife Center, United Way of Charlotte County and The Military Heritage Museum. We look forward to seeing you!
- 12 noon -1PM Charlotte Chorale Video in the Gulf Theatre
- 1:00PM - Bird Presentation by Peace River Wildlife Center
- 2:00PM - K-9 Demonstration on the Veranda
- 2:30PM - Calendar Girls in the Gulf Theatre
- 3:00PM - Guitar by Steve Widmeyer in the Gulf Theatre
- 4-6PM - Free Feature Film in the Gulf Theatre - Free and open to the public! Can you guess the name?
- This 2021 musical remake, with its amazing songs and dancing, retells what life was like between two gangs fighting for turf in New York City during the late 1950s. A true "Romeo and Juliet" love story of two young people who fall in love in a world of prejudice that did not allow their ethic, culture and upbringings to be mixed in a lover relationship. The 2021 remake of the iconic 1957 musical captures the original magic with fresh new actors with the same incredible musical score.