The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program through United Way of Charlotte County (UWCC) provides FREE, quality tax preparation from IRS-certified preparers to individuals and families earning up to $66,000 annually.
VITA helps taxpayers access all tax credits for which they are eligible – including the Child Tax Credit (CTC) and the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which has been recognized as the single most powerful tool to lift children out of poverty.
APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING BEGINS SOON!
UWCC's VITA Program will be following CDC Guidelines for COVID-19 health and safety protocols including wearing face masks.
In addition, we will be offering the following options for tax preparation:
- In-Person - Similar to previous years with the addition of health and safety guidelines being followed (detailed at the bottom of this page).
- Low Contact - Volunteers will not have in-person contact with clients. The clients will drop off their tax documents to an intake person. The volunteers will prepare the return at a location with other volunteers present. Volunteers will have the opportunity to call the client with any necessary questions. Clients will return to the dropoff site to pick up their returns.
- No Contact - Same as the above process for low contact, but volunteers will work out of the comfort of their homes.
Do you want more information on the impact United Way of Charlotte County has with our VITA program? Click here to read all about it!
COVID-19 Safety Precautions:
Safety is a top priority for United Way of Charlotte County (UWCC). UWCC's VITA Program will be following CDC Guidelines for COVID-19 health and safety protocols. We will adhere to the following at all tax preparation sites:
- Masks must be worn
- Hand sanitizer will be made available
- Temperature checks for those on site
- Option to wear disposable gloves
- Social distancing guidelines will be adhered to
- Option to use your own personal computer