PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Join Our Development Team
Resource Development Director
Posted January 11, 2023
United Way of Charlotte County is mobilizing the power of our community to break the cycle of poverty. Our workplace is fast-paced, friendly, and adaptive. We are seeking a dynamic resource development professional to join our team who can lead our annual campaign efforts and events.
The Resource Development Director will lead and oversee the planning, direction, and execution of all fundraising efforts and activities, and will serve as a public representative of the organization. It is a hands-on, in-the-community position.
People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
You are a good fit for this position if:
- You have a passion for mission-based work and the Charlotte County community;
- You are goal oriented --- a person that is excited to work towards a ‘stretch goal’;
- You are completely comfortable asking individuals and companies to invest their money, time or talents regardless of the communication vehicle;
- You are a compelling public speaker who enjoys public speaking – whether it is speaking to groups large or small. You look forward to developing this talent further;
- You are an innovative, creative and strategic thinker that understands how to build both on success and from the ground up. Some of our revenue streams that you will work on will have a history and foundation while others will be completely new;
- You have excellent copywriting and language skills to convey our mission into relevant and interesting content;
- You are a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other team members but can also be led by other team members, as appropriate;
- You can independently manage multiple projects and remain focused on details, follow-up, and communication. You must be adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and your time most effectively to achieve goals;
- You have excellent customer service skills. While interacting with volunteers, donors and the public you have great listening skills, are patient, well-spoken and polite; and
- You are willing and able to work a flexible schedule, to attend UWCC events and networking events.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to:
17831 Murdock Circle, Suite A, Port Charlotte, FL 33948
No phone inquiries.
United Way is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.