Day of Caring
Each year, we organize teams from local businesses to give back to the community and help a nonprofit.
While the projects seem simple, the tasks cannot be accomplished without these volunteers. Building a stronger community and addressing the root cause of many issues is dependent on volunteer assistance. Volunteers partnering with the United Way have the ability to impact lasting change in Charlotte County across the three cornerstone issues affecting every community - education, resources and health.
Volunteers receive personal satisfaction from helping and gain perspective on the needs in their community. If solving community problems isn’t motivation enough for volunteering, reports also show that volunteering helps you live longer. Volunteering can benefit each of us in the following ways:
- Feel better - physically, mentally and emotionally
- Manage and lower stress levels
- Develop deeper connection to the community and to others
- Achieve higher productivity from employees who volunteer
- Foster stronger relationships with colleagues
- Gain positive feelings for employers who promote volunteering.
Let us help you plan your own Day of Caring, whether you are business, group from the community or individual. If interested, you can call 941-627-3539 or complete the volunteer interest form.